This task shows you how to deploy a Connector virtual machine.
The minimum system requirements are as follows:
- 4V CPU
- 8GB RAM
- 60GB Hard Disk
Downloading and Deploying the Connector (OVA)
- Download the Connector OVA from location.
- In the log in prompt that is displayed, enter the initial username and password root/cisco.
- Enter the network settings.
- Enter NTP settings if needed
- Set the password for the root user and cmxadmin user.
When prompted, reboot the device and continue setup on WebUI.
Retrieving Connector Token from Cloud Location Engine
- Log in to Cloud Location Engine.
- Navigate to Setup>Connectors, add a Connector if it does not exist.
- Click the button by the Connector.
- In the Log In window that is displayed, enter your Cloud Location Engine credentials.
- Copy the Token String displayed.
Configure Token on Connector (WebUI)
- Log in to the Connector UI using the URL https://<IP-address>/agent.
- In the Connector window that opens up, enter the username and password that was configured earlier.
- In the Connector Configuration window that is displayed, you can configure the HTTP Proxy, Token and other Privacy settings.
- When configuring the token, you may have to wait a few minutes (depending on the speed of your connection). The status changes from 'Configuring Token' to 'Retrieving Connector Status'. You will notice that the Configure Token notification is removed from the dashboard and the Token not configure
- Setup Proxy to connect the Connector to the Cloud Location Engine. This step is required only if your device is behind a proxy. In this case, without a proxy, the Connector will not be able to communicate with the Cloud Location Engine.
- You can download logs and update the Connector version from this dashboard.