This task shows you how to deploy a Connector virtual machine. The minimum system requirements for deploying this is
- 4V CPU
- 8GB RAM
- 500GB Hard Disk
- Deploy the downloaded Connector OVA file and deploy the virtual machine.
- In the initial login prompt, enter the initial username and password cmxadmin/CmxAdmin123 to login.
- When prompted, enter a new password.
- In the Network Configuration utility that opens, you can navigate using the up/down and left/right arrows.
Manually Configuring Connector IP Address
The Connector IP address can be configured manually or assigned using DHCP.
- In the NetworkManager TUI window of the Network Configuration utility, select Edit a connection.
- Select Wired connection and click Edit.
- Select Manual and select Show.
- Enter the IP address details.
Configure Token on Connector
- Login to the Connector UI using the URLhttps://<IP-address>/agent.
- In the Connector window that opens up, enter the username and password configured earlier.
- In the Save Token window that is displayed, enter the token copied in the previous task and press Save Token.
Note that you may have to wait a few minutes (depending on the speed of your connection) before the status actually changes from 'downloading image' to 'running'. Refresh the browser at intervals until the 'running' status is observed, indicating that the Connector has been deployed successfully and is also connected to the Cloud Location Engine.