This task shows you how to deploy a Connector virtual machine.
The minimum system requirements are as follows:
- 4V CPU
- 8GB RAM
- 500GB Hard Disk
- Deploy the downloaded Connector OVA file and deploy the virtual machine.
- In the log in prompt that is displayed, enter the initial username and password cmxadmin/CmxAdmin123.
- When prompted, enter a new password.
The Network Configuration utility now opens.
Manually Configuring Connector IP Address
The Connector IP address can be configured manually or automatically assigned using DHCP. Use the arrow buttons (up, down, left, and right) on your keyboard for navigation in the Network Configuration Utility.
- In the NetworkManager TUI window of the Network Configuration utility, select Edit a connection.
- Select Wired connection and click Edit.
- Select Manual and select Show.
- Enter the IP address details.
Configure Token on Connector
- Log in to the Connector UI using the URL https://<IP-address>/agent.
- In the Connector window that opens up, enter the username and password that was configured earlier.
- In the Save Token window that is displayed, enter the token that was copied in the previous task and press Save Token.
Note: You may have to wait a few minutes (depending on the speed of your connection). The status changes from 'downloading image' to 'running'. Refresh the browser at intervals until the 'running' status is observed. The Connector has been deployed successfully and is now connected to the Cloud Location Engine.