All CMX Cloud Connect / Presence Analytics accounts need to be migrated to CMX Engage by 4/30/2018.
If you are already having conversations with Cisco regarding the migration, please ignore this message.
If not, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org by 4/30/2018 and provide us your current account admin email address to get started with the migration.
CMX Cloud Connect & Presence Analytics to CMX Engage Migration FAQ
- What is CMX Engage?
CMX Engage is the latest cloud offering in the CMX product family. CMX Engage is a cloud platform that provides location analytics, customer acquisition, and engagement capabilities for physical spaces using WiFi and bluetooth beacons.
- Is CMX Engage a new product? Are there currently customers using CMX Engage?
CMX Engage is already being used by leading customers across different industries worldwide. CMX Engage is deployed in more than 5000 locations in over 100 different countries, with more than 24,000,000 engaged users, and growing rapidly with over 35 locations added every day.
- Why is Cisco migrating customers from CMX Cloud Connect & Presence Analytics to CMX Engage?
CMX Engage is the newest offering that supports key features from CMX Cloud Connect & Presence Analytics, like customer acquisition via captive portal and WiFi user analytics, but offers additional industry leading capabilities to provide highly targeted customer engagements and additional insights. CMX Engage Advanced also offers features such as building location based personas, predicting future behavioral patterns, and engaging contextually with customers in real-time at their locations. CMX Engage is also a proven platform with the ability to support large scale global deployments, global compliance requirements, and enterprise class SLA’s.
- What features are included in CMX Engage and CMX Engage Advanced versus CMX Connect / Presence Analytics?
See the chart below for a comparison between CMX Connect / Presence Analytics, CMX Engaged and CMX Engage Advanced
- How can I try the Advanced version of CMX Engage?
All customers that migrate to CMX Engage can get a free 60-day trial of CMX Engage Advanced when they want to evaluate advanced features. Please reach out to your sales team or the CMX support team to activate this trial after you have completed the migration.
- What is the price difference between CMX Engage and CMX Connect and Presence Analytics?
Cisco will provide CMX Engage Base for the same price as the current CMX Connect and Presence Analytics subscription for the remainder of the subscription term. For orders of additional CMX Engage licenses beyond the current subscription quantity, please contact your Cisco sales representative or authorized reseller.
- What happens at the end of the current CMX Cloud Connect & Presence Analytics subscription term?
If you have a contract with auto-renewal, the CMX Engage licenses will be renewed for another 12-month term at the current subscription price.
- What if I want to add more licenses to my existing subscription?
You can add new CMX Engage licenses to your current CMX Cloud subscription. The subscription will co-terminate with the existing subscription and you will be billed for the difference. You can also order new subscriptions with a 1, 3, or 5 year pre-paid term. Please contact your Cisco sales representative or authorized reseller for further details
- How do I upgrade to CMX Engage Advanced?
You can upgrade by changing your current subscription to CMX Engage Advanced. You will be billed for the difference for the remainder of the term .
- What are the steps to migrate from CMX Cloud Connect & Presence Analytics to CMX Engage?
A Cisco representative will walk you through the process, but at a high level the process is as follows:
- Initial outreach and invitation to migrate to CMX Engage from the Cisco CMX team
- Access to a CMX Engage account and product information
- Session with a CMX Engage product expert to go through CMX Engage and the migration process
- Configuration instructions and support to run a proof of concept alongside current CMX Cloud deployment if desired
- Review with CMX Engage team to address any open questions or issues, as required
- Migrate remaining access points and user data to CMX Engage
- When do I need to migrate?
Migration needs to be complete by April 30th.
- Does CMX Engage work with Meraki, WLC, and CMX on-premise?
Yes, CMX Engage supports Meraki wireless and Cisco Unified Wireless networks. For Cisco Unified, CMX Engage can be deployed either with direct connection to the WLC (Wireless LAN Controller) or to CMX on-premise. For direct connections to WLC versions 8.2 and earlier, a CMX Cloud proxy is required (the same as the current CMX Cloud Connect & Presence Analytics)
- What happens to current CMX Cloud data and captive portals?
Captive portals need to be built in CMX Engage. CMX Engage supports almost all the features of CMX Cloud Connect with a number of additional captive portal features. Cisco will provide instructions for creating captive portals in CMX Engage and CMX support will provide assistance with captive portal transition if required. Historical analytics data and reports (dwell times, visit history, etc.) can’t be migrated from Cisco CMX cloud to CMX Engage. Cisco CMX Cloud dashboard will be accessible for at least 15 days after migration for access to historical reports.
- What if a feature I am using in CMX Cloud Connect & Presence Analytics is not supported in CMX Engage?
While CMX Engage supports many of the same features as CMX Cloud Connect & Presence Analytics, and offers a number of new features that provide enhanced customer engagement and analytics capabilities, there is not 100% feature parity between the two platforms. The CMX support team will review concerns that come up during the migration and provide options to address concerns to the best extent possible.
- Can CMX Engage be deployed on premise ?
No, like CMX Cloud Connect & Presence Analytics, CMX Engage is a cloud platform only.
- Is CMX Engage GDPR compliant?
Cisco is aware of the GDPR requirements and currently completing GDPR certification. CMX Engage will be GDPR compliant ahead of the 25 May 2018 deadline.
- Where do I get more information on CMX Engage?
Please see the following links for more information:
- Migration Guide Document
- CMX Cloud Data Sheet
- CMX Engage Website
- CMX Engage Configuration Guide
- CMX Engage Services Description