You can perform a location accuracy test for a single device with multiple location points. You can use the Location Accuracy Test tool to validate the placement and number of access points for good location accuracy experience. The Location Accuracy tool provides an administrator the ability to quantify the location accuracy for a specific location. During the Location Accuracy test, the administrator uses a Wi-Fi device to measure the difference between the actual and calculated location of a device.
Note that display refresh time is three seconds and cannot be reconfigured.
To run a location accuracy test, perform the following task:
- Login to Cloud Location Engine.
- Click DETECT & LOCATE.
- Using the following drop-down list that is shown, navigate to the desired building and floor or search for a device by entering MAC address in the text field shown in the following image.
- From the top pane, click the eye icon beside the Client to view all clients on the floor.
- Click a connected client to open the details dialog box. Click the Accuracy Tool to begin the Accuracy Test.
- Enter a unique report name and click Next.
- Move the Blue Pointer to the client's real time location or adjust the X and Y coordinates to reflect the same. Click Start Collection to start the Location Accuracy test.
- You can observe that the number of samples begin to increase. You can then move the bl
- Click Stop Collection. Move the --- to a new location and click Start Collection again.
- Repeat step 10 for multiple locations for a more accurate understanding of location accuracy. To complete the location accuracy test and view results, click Next.
- Click Done to close the dialog box, and then close the Device Details dialog box.
- To view the results, click Accuracy Report List on the Detect and Locate page. In the Accuracy Report dialog box, click your report to view the results.