You can configure rules to modify the experience of a user while accessing your network. You can use this feature in different ways. For instance, you can offer different splash pages according to age or gender entered, or offer promotional offers according to the day of the week.
How to Configure Rules for CMX Connect
- On the Cisco CMX Dashboard, click CONNECT&ENGAGE>Connect Experience.
- In the Connect Experience window that is displayed, configure an Experience of a site by clicking the respective Experience cell.
- Select an existing experience, or configure a new one by clicking New. You can configure each experiences using any of these tabs.
- Portal Tab: Use this tab to configure rules for the default web portal. (Note: Portal is configured under Library>My Portals)
- Promotional Tab: Use this tab to configure rules for a promotional page that pops up after login. (Note: Promotion is configured under Library>My Portals)
- Re-direct URL Tab: Use this tab to configure rules to redirect the user to a URL after login.
- Service Plan: Use this tab to configure a service plan which provides a cap on the bandwidth and duration of access.
Attribute Type Comparator Possible Values When Date date is, is not, before, after, within <date picker> Days String is, is not Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, etc. Time of Day date is, is not, before, after, within <time picker> Who # of visits integer equal to, not equal to, less than, greater than, within <user input> Last Visit date is today, within a week, within a month Device Type string is, is not, contains PC, mobile Location opt-in boolean is, is not yes, no Authentication Type string is, is not, contains Registration, facebook, Email Sponsor, Voucher Birthday date is today, within a week, within a month gender string is, is not, contains male, female age integer equal to, not equal to, less than, greater than, within <user input>