You can integrate Cisco Meraki to Cisco CMX Presence. As Cisco Meraki supports CMX APIs, Cisco Meraki sends PUSH notifications to Cisco CMX Cloud with information about wireless clients, which are then used to generate reports. These notifications are similar to NMSP messages.
- Login to Cisco Meraki Dashboard, and select the Network-Wide>Configure>General.
- From the Location and Scanning section, copy the string in the Validator field.
- Login to the Cisco CMX Cloud Web UI, click Manage->Meraki.
- In the CMX Meraki Integaration page that appears, check the Enable Presence Meraki Integration checkbox.
- In the Add Meraki Configuration page that appears, enter the string that you copied in step 2 of the previous task to the Validator text field. In the Secret text field, enter any value. This is the Meraki Secret. The same value should be configured on Cisco Meraki Dashboard (Step 9).
The Meraki Account Details are now added.
- Click View Post URL. From the CMX Meraki POST URL page that is displayed, copy the POST URL.
- Return to Cisco Meraki Dashboard, and select the Network-Wide>General.
- In the Location and Scanning section, click the Add a Post URL. A new row is added in the table.
- In the new row that is added, paste the Post URL and enter the Meraki Secret from step 3.
- From the API version dropdown, select 2.0.
- Click Validate. This triggers a GET request to the configured Post URL to validate whether the URL is ready and valid. If successful, a validated message is displayed as shown.
- Click Save to save these changes.
Once the integration is complete, the data flow is as follows:
- Cisco Meraki begins to send PUSH notifications to Cisco CMX Cloud.
- CMX Cloud collects information about the Access Points from these PUSH notifications. The information collected includes MAC addresses, tags, and floors.
- User can create sites using this information.
- CMX cloud Web UI is now populated with data, insights, and charts that the user can now observe.